Quiz: What Kind of Fairytale Reader Are You?
We see fairytale retellings everywhere: from Alex Flinn’s Beastly to the legit Beauty and the Beast movie with Emma Watson as Belle, fairytale retellings are possibly as popular as they’ve ever been. If retellings aren’t really your thing, what about fairytale-inspired books? With just a sprinkle of the magic that has touched the hearts of millions, fairytale-inspired stories are the perfect blend of fairytale and reality.
Which ones should you take a chance on? Take the quiz below and give yourself a point for every statement you identify with.
1. You watch The Bachelorette.
2. Strong female protagonists are your favourite point of view to read and watch.
3. You prefer modern/dystopian settings to historical ones.
4. Your favourite school subject is science.
5. You root for the underdog.
6. Romance is a must in the books you read.
7. Visiting NASA is on your Bucket List.
8. You like an evil twist on a traditional fairytale, like Dorothy Must Die.
9. Cosplay and conventions are your idea of an epic weekend.
10. You love Cinderella and all of its retellings.
Tally up your points to determine your results!
1-3: You love to read about history and mythology, and you love it when there’s a wicked twist on a traditional fairytale, like Cinderella transforming into the wicked stepmother.
You should read Boy, Snow, Bird by Helen Oyeyemi (March 6, 2014 by Riverhead Books).
4-5: You are a geeky science nerd, and proud of it. You like stories with just a touch of fairytale in them, but the focus is on the smarts of the protagonist. A strong female narrator is what’s really important in the books you like to read.
You should read Stargazing for Beginners by Jenny McLachlan (April 6, 2017 by Bloomsbury Publishing PLC).
6-8: You can’t help it—you always root for the underdog and love triangles make your heart race. A hunky love interest is important to you, and there’s always a swoony romance on your TBR pile. You watch The Bachelorette religiously.
You should read The Selection by Kiera Cass (April 24, 2012 by HarperTeen).
9-10: Cinderella is one of your favourite fairytales of all time. Cosplay and conventions are your idea of a perfect weekend. You love a flawless blend of nerdy and fairytale.
You should read Geekerella by Ashley Poston (April 4, 2017 by Quirk Books).