Quirk Books – Publicist and Marketing Coordinator
Summary: Are you a publicity and marketing professional that’s a fan of genre fiction, as well as accessible wellness and lifestyle books? Are you interested in sharing these books and promoting talented authors through creative and impactful marketing and publicity campaigns?
Quirk Books is seeking an organized and creative Publicist and Marketing Coordinator. As a member of our Sales, Marketing, and Publicity group, this individual is responsible for the execution of dynamic publicity and marketing campaigns that speak to Quirk’s list of unconventional, engaging, and purpose-driven books.
This is a mid-level role that reports to the SVP of Sales, Marketing, and Publicity; as well as a Digital Marketing Manager.
- Work independently on approximately 8 publicity campaigns annually and 2-3 campaigns with the SVP of Sales, Marketing, Publicity across Quirk’s adult list.
- Write and edit press materials and media lists. Coordinate review mailings with an assistant.
- Develop connections with traditional and new media contacts in order to secure coverage.
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with booksellers and event organizers in order to strategize and execute author tours from booking events from start to finish.
- Oversee Quirk’s robust holiday gift-giving publicity campaigns.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns for assigned adult titles to ensure successful retail sell-in and consumer sell-through.
- Coordinate the creation of marketing materials.
- Along with the Digital Marketing Manager, brainstorm and create content for Quirk’s social channels by discussing ideas with the overall marketing team, writing social media copy, scheduling content, and staying up to date on trends.
- Moderate channels and interact with target audiences to create online conversations and communities around our key titles and initiatives.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager with the backend maintenance of QuirkBooks.com.
Please apply if the following sounds like you:
- A voracious reader, especially of Quirk’s fiction and lifestyle titles.
- A creative problem-solver and effective communicator with at least 2-3 years of experience working both independently and as part of a team in book publicity.
- A strong writer who can deftly craft an elevator pitch and thought-provoking discussion topics.
- Interest and knowledge in new media trends with an eye towards expanding and building connections.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Proactive and adaptive as priorities shift.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workspace.
- Knowledge of CISION.
- Familiarity with Sprout Social, WordPress, and Asana is a plus.
Location: This position is based in Philadelphia, with one day in office, and flexible Fridays.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible Fridays
Application Details: Please submit a cover letter and résumé to [email protected] with the subject line “Publicist and Marketing Coordinator”. Cover letters must outline how your experience relates to the job and why you are interested in working for Quirk Books. No calls, please.