Quirk Books — Business Associate
Summary: Quirk Books is seeking an organized, detail-oriented, and energetic Business Associate. As a member of the Operations group, this individual is responsible for liaising with multiple financial contractors; the gathering, entry, and organization of data; and office management.
This role requires 1-2 years of office experience and reports to the President.
- Liaise with finance contractor on accounts payable, including data gathering, data entry, data organization, and reconciling invoices
- Liaise with royalties contractor, including data entry of sub rights statements into Biblio and distributing prepared royalty statements
- Assist with accounts receivable, including following up on payments
- Make cash and check deposits as needed
Office management responsibilities:
- Source and purchase office supplies for the staff
- Liaise with IT contractor to manage office hardware
- Receive and distribute incoming mail and packages, including general voicemail, with occasional mailings for Operations group
- Assist in maintenance of physical archives of all Quirk titles and their translations
Please apply if the following sounds like you:
- A creative problem-solver and effective communicator with at least 1-2 years of experience working in a business environment
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Proactive and adaptive as priorities shift
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workspace
- Familiarity with Quickbooks, Biblio, and Asana is a plus
Location: This position is based in Philadelphia, with one day in office
Generous paid time off
Application Details: Please submit a cover letter and résumé to [email protected] with the subject line “Business Associate.” Cover letters must outline how your experience relates to the job and why you are interested in working for Quirk Books. No calls, please.