Quirk Corral: TaunTaun Cookies and Nonexistent Cheeses
Here at Quirk we’ve rounded up some of the best bookish, geeky, and crafty links of last week to make your Monday a little brighter. Whether you desperately needed a recipe for TaunTaun cookies or were looking for some desert island book picks, we’ve got you covered.
Best Things Bookish
- Check out this infographic that details the interesting and strange jobs some authors had before they were famous.
- What ten books would you bring if you were marooned on a desert island? Each week, another author adds to the list over at The New York Times.
- Jon Stewart left The Daily Show last week with one final book recommendation. Here’s a list of books that he championed over the years.
Best Things Geeky
- Bake up some TaunTaun cookies filled with a variety of gummy candy.
- Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog broke up last week, proving that nothing is sacred.
- Felicia Day’s memoir, You’re Never Weird on the Internet (almost), is out this Tuesday. Here’s a review over at Nerdist.
Best Things Crafty
- There are plenty of times you might find yourself in need of a cape. Lucky for you, Quirk Blogger Margaret Dunham posted a tutorial.
- How perfect is this DIY neon light bulb lamp?
- The Toast rounded up some nonexistent cheeses that seem pretty close to perfect.