Image via Inquisitr
In case you haven’t heard the news, James Franco is scheduled to publish a collection of poetry, currently titled Directing Herbert White, in 2014. I assume he was inspired by his role as Allen Ginsberg in Howl (2010).
There are many other celebrities that I’d like to see pen poetry and so I present to you, ten celebrities Quirk wishes would write poetry. Please note, if your name is on this list and you actually do have a collection of poems sitting in your bedside table, here's a link to our submissions page.
1. TOM CRUISE: Just imagine the nonsense that we would find in a collection of poetry written by Tom Cruise. You know his poems would be educational.
2. CHRISTOPHER WALKEN: He could turn a page of the phone book into a poem. As long as the collection comes with an audiobook narrated by Walken himself, I’ll buy it.
3. RYAN GOSLING: “Hey, girl. Let me be your modern-day Shakespeare. I’ll write you a sonnet.”
4. MERYL STREEP: She can do everything else, so why not write poetry?
5. KRISTEN WIIG: If anyone can write a humorous collection of poems, it’s this woman.
6 MARY-KATE OLSEN: Of the two Olsen twins, I'd pick Mary-Kate. Her poems would be deep – in a hippie, peace-loving sort of way. You know, because of season 3 of Weeds. Maybe?
7. MISHA COLLINS: An online favorite, Misha’s antics involving cheese slices and kale during his annual global scavenger hunt (GISHWHES) would make the perfect topics for poems. Sort of.
8. ROBERT PATTINSON: Poetry would be the perfect outlet for Robert to show his true feelings towards the Twilight Saga. Seriously, have you seen him in some interviews? He loathes those movies.
9. ZOOEY DESCHANEL: She may be too eccentric for some, but we like quirk around here. You know that every verse would be spoken in Zooey’s sing-song voice, capturing the hearts of many with her poems about a dripping faucet or the broken branch on the side of the street.
10. ANDERSON COOPER: The Silver Fox: Poems to Educate the American Public (and Make Yourself a Modern-Day Hero). Immediate best seller.
Maria Vicente is a literary agent intern living in Ottawa, Canada. She likes coffee, books, snail mail, and magic. You can find her on Twitter (@MsMariaVicente) or check out her website (mariavicente.com).