Another entry in the “new twists on old favorites” category is the Banana Split Pop.
These pops have everything: 3 different ice cream flavors, two fruity toppings, chocolate fudge, and even a banana surprise in the center. Add some whipped cream and a cherry on top, and you’ve got a complete, no-holds-barred sundae on a stick!
Banana Split Pops
This king of pops is based on the classic flavors of a banana split, and they’re all here—pineapple and strawberry toppings included. I put the banana on the pop stick to create a hidden surprise.
Makes six 8-ounce pops or eight 6-ounce pops
- 1/3 cup strawberry topping
- ½ ripe but firm banana (cut crosswise) for each pop
- 1 ½ cups strawberry ice cream
- 1/3 cup pineapple topping
- 1 ½ cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/3 cup chocolate fudge
- 1 ½ cups chocolate ice cream
- Whipped cream
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 6 or 8 maraschino cherries
- Use paper cups as the molds for these pops. Divide the strawberry topping among the paper cup molds. Stick the banana halves onto the pop sticks and place in the molds. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Top with the strawberry ice cream and the pineapple topping, packing the ice cream and topping around the bananas to hide them. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Top with the vanilla ice cream and the chocolate fudge. Add the chocolate ice cream. Freeze for 6 hours.
Peel off and discard the paper cups. Top each pop with whipped cream, walnuts, and a cherry. Enjoy your banana split on a stick!