Getting Crafty with the Crawleys: DIY & Downton Abbey
Throughout the first two seasons of Downton Abbey, we often saw the family and staff of Downton crafting. While Cora and Lavinia were seen creating elegant pieces in the sitting room, embroidery hoops and knitting needles were present in the staff quarters as well.
Though Cora's dedication to embroidery may have dwindled in the third season, ours has not, with plenty of Downton inspired pieces popping up online. From knit-a-longs that post clues with each new episode, to an intricate "Grantham Arms" bookmark, here are some Downton Abbey inspired crafts to help tide you over between episodes.
Clockwise from right:
1. Dowager Cross Stitch Pattern from Book Pilgrim
3. Downton Embroidery Patterns of the Crawley sisters and Matthew Crawley
4. Reenact Mary and Matthew’s wedding with this Downton Clothespin Doll Kit from Regency Austentation –
5. Grantham Arms Cross Stitch bookmark
6. Downton Alphabet Cross Stitch Sampler