The Top Five Best Hangover Sandwiches
Number 3: The Elvis
The next time you have a hangover (and you know there will be a next time), skip the aspirin, the coffee, and the Bloody Marys, and eat a salty bacon sandwich instead.
According to Elin Roberts of Newcastle University’s Center for Life, eating increases your metabolism which helps alleviate hangover symptoms. Roberts says sandwiches, specifically bacon ones, are perfect hangover food since “the bread is high in carbohydrates and bacon is full of protein, which breaks down into amino acids. Your body needs these amino acids, so eating them will make you feel good.”
So before you go out Friday night, make sure you’ve got some bacon, eggs, and bread in the fridge. Then print this post, and stick it on your fridge door before you leave. Saturday morning, make one of these sandwiches. No need to thank me.
- BLT: bacon + lettuce + tomato + mayo on white bread
- Classic Breakfast Sandwich: bacon + fried eggs + Cheddar on buttered English muffin or biscuit.
- The Elvis: bacon + peanut butter + mashed bananas on buttered white bread. Toast until golden.
- Potato Chip Sandwich: bacon + peanut butter + pickles w/ potato chips on white bread.
- All-In-One Breakfast Sandwich: bacon + fried eggs + hash brown patty + maple syrup on buttered waffles.