Good thing it’s almost time for Thanksgiving, since we’ve eaten all the leftover Halloween candy and moved on to craving pumpkin and pecan pie! In between stuffing ourselves with our favorite side dishes, we like to give thanks. And something we here at Quirk are always thankful for are books. All the books. So we created a DIY printable in case your turkey is also a bookish one like ours.
- Card Stock paper (if you plan on standing them)
- Your choice of coloring medium (markers, colored pencils, watercolor, crayons…)
How to Assemble your Bookish Thankful Turkey
1. If you printed the black and white turkeys, color your turkeys with your hues of choice.
2. Cut the turkeys out.
If you’re planning on standing them:
3. Cut the 2nd nametag squares out.
4. Use a ruler to mark with pencil the center of the nametag attached to the turkey.
5. Use the 2nd nametag to measure and mark its height on the attached nametag.
6. Cut the measured line.
7. Write names/thanks etc. on the nametags.
8. Slide the 2nd nametag into the cut in the turkey nametag.
Tips and Suggestions:
- Always color before cutting.
- You can glue two turkeys back to back OR use the blank backs to write guest’s name, year, and who hosted Thanksgiving.
- Turkeys can be used as table setting décor OR punch a hole at the top of each and make a Bookish Turkey garland.
- Create place cards with your guests favorite authors.