As a lover of books, you need your reading nook to look as beautiful as the stories you love. These totally customizable bookends will help you do just that! You can construct these to reflect your initials or make them for a soon-to-be wedded couple or a newly arrived future reader. Whether you decide to give these to a loved one or treat yourself to them, this is a gift that's sure to satisfy anyone!
What You'll Need
1 wooden letter "a" 10 inches long
1 wooden letter "b" 10 inches long
4 pieces of wood, 10 inches long, 2 inches wide
Paint, your color choice
Paint brush and sponge brush
Hot glue and hot glue gun
2 sheets 8x10 Scrapbook paper
1. Take two of the four wooden blocks and form an "L" shape. Hot glue them together. Repeat the process with the other two wooden blocks.
2. Paint the two "L" shaped wooden pieces and allow them to dry.
3. While they are drying, take your first letter and lay it down flat, painting a thin coat of Mod Podge on it.
4. Secure the scrapbook paper on top of the letters and smooth out the paper, getting rid of folds and bubbles. Repeat the process with the second letter. Allow time to dry.
5. Using scissors and an x-acto knife, cut the paper around the edges of the letters.
6. Take the two "L" shaped blocks and position one as an "L" and the other as a backward "L."
7. Take your first letter ( in this project, the letter "A") and place a line of hot glue on the bottom of the letter and secure it to the backward "L" wooden pieces. Repeat the process with the second letter and the "L" shaped wooden piece.