Over a career spanning 30+ years, Christopher Walken has generated an enormous cult following. (If you need proof, just search for “cowbell” on YouTube.) Christopher Walken A to Z offers the first biography of this quirky show-business legend, with entries on everything from Actor’s Studio (the legendary theater workshop where Walken spent 11 years as a janitor) to Zombie Movies (one of his favorite film genres). Along the way, readers will discover that
• Walken has worked as a lion tamer.
• Walken has appeared in music videos for Madonna, Duran Duran, and Fatboy Slim.
• Walken is the most popular guest host in the history of Saturday Night Live.
• Walken has filmed a pilot for a cooking show, Cooking with Chris.
• Most incredibly, Walken has starred in some of the worst films of all time—everything from Heaven’s Gate to Kangaroo Jack and Gigli—and yet his popularity never wanes.
Complete with more than 50 behind-the-scenes photographs and tons of fascinating trivia, Christopher Walken A to Z offers a fascinating portrait of a Hollywood legend.
ROBERT SCHNAKENBERG is the author of The Encyclopedia Shatnerica (Quirk, 2008) and several other nonfiction books. He lives in Brooklyn.
- Paperback ISBN: 9781594742590
- Book Dimensions:5 1/4 x 8
- Page Count:288
- Release Date:October 1, 2008