About the Book
In Chef’s Secrets, more than 80 renowned chefs share the tricks, timesaving techniques, and kitchen wisdom they’ve learned through years of experience.
• Steven Raichlen on Building a Three-Zone Fire on a Charcoal Grill
• Charlie Palmer on Roasting a Perfect Turkey
• Bruce Aidells on the Secret to Flavorful Pork
• Gary Guitard on Tempering Chocolate
• Plus techniques from Sara Moulton, Marcus Samuelsson, Norman Van Aken, Roxanne Klein, James Peterson, Emily Luchetti, and dozens of other top-notch chefs!
Each technique is explained in the chef’s own words, along with a short, revealing interview and a detailed profile of the chef’s accomplishments. With tips stretching from the basics (how to peel ginger with a teaspoon) to the extreme (how to peel a tomato with a blow-torch), Chef’s Secrets is an essential reference for any food lover’s bookshelf!
About the Author
SAM STALL is the author of more than 20 books with a total of more than 1 million copies in print. He has published both novels and nonfiction, including several pet ownership and dog books such as The Dog Owner’s Manual and 100 Dogs Who Changed Civilization. He lives in Indianapolis, Indiana.