Hoop-ing up embroidery pieces is a great way to quickly and cheaply DIY wall art. There are so many directions to take hoop art, from the bold to the serene, that there's no way to go wrong. Here at Quirk we love words & books, so we took our inspiration from hand lettering to make our take on hoop art, but you can go with whatever floats your boat!
– Fabric. For this particular project, you'll want a solid color or a small pattern.
– Backing fabric. Plain white linen should do the job.
– Embroidery needle
– Embroidery thread
– Embroidery hoop (or two)
– Quilting marker (optional)
– Pencil and Paper (optional)
– Pins (optional)
1. Decide on a quote– I went with a favorite from A Series of Unfortunate Events author Lemony Snicket (AKA Daniel Handler): "Never trust anyone who has not brought a good book with them."