Insider Techniques from Today’s Culinary Masters
In Chef’s Secrets, more than 80 renowned chefs share the tricks, timesaving techniques, and kitchen wisdom they’ve learned through years of experience.
• Steven Raichlen on Building a Three-Zone Fire on a Charcoal Grill
• Charlie Palmer on Roasting a Perfect Turkey
• Bruce Aidells on the Secret to Flavorful Pork
• Gary Guitard on Tempering Chocolate
• Plus techniques from Sara Moulton, Marcus Samuelsson, Norman Van Aken, Roxanne Klein, James Peterson, Emily Luchetti, and dozens of other top-notch chefs!
Each technique is explained in the chef’s own words, along with a short, revealing interview and a detailed profile of the chef’s accomplishments. With tips stretching from the basics (how to peel ginger with a teaspoon) to the extreme (how to peel a tomato with a blow-torch), Chef’s Secrets is an essential reference for any food lover’s bookshelf!