Hey there, parents of baby celebrities! And welcome!
We're thrilled that you want to help promote How to Make Your Baby an Internet Celebrity. We figured that we'd pool together a list of assets for you all, to help make it a little easier. We've got a lot of fun things going on, and would love for you to play along.
Here are some ways you can help promote the book.
1. Goodreads, LibraryThing, and BookLikes Giveaways: To help get the book into the hands of eager early reviewers, we run giveaways on a number of social book websites, including Goodreads, LibraryThing, and BookLikes.
If you have friends that actively use these sites, let them know the book is available on there! Here are some links to the book for you to share:
Please note, these giveaways will be live August 1st, 2014 through September 1st, 2014, and then they will close.
Come the publication date, we'll also host a giveaway of signed copies on Goodreads. You'll see a link to that giveaway here on September 30th, 2014.
2. Our Contact Info: Want to get in touch with the Quirk team, or send a reviewer our way? If you have a friend that works for a major media outlet (think newspapers, magazines, TV), tell them to email email@example.com. Have a pal with a blog? firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eric and Suzanne have already started reaching out to media outlets and bloggers, so the sooner you can send over that information, the better!
3. Request Posters: We printed a number of posters to promote the book, which we've been giving out at conventions like Comic Con and Book Expo America. Would you like a few? We would be more than happy to send a bundle of posters your way, to distribute amongst friends, or save just because. If you'd like to request some posters, email email@example.com.
4. Requested Books: What about your books? Don't worry! You can request your comp copy from Suzanne (firstname.lastname@example.org).
5. Social Media: You can connect to Quirk and the book's author, Rick Chillot, easily on Twitter. We're at @quirkbooks and @rickchillot. You can also hangout with us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Pinterest.
Planning to share the book on social media? The best way to promote it, would be to link to the Quirk Books page for the title (www.quirkbooks.com/book/how-make-your-baby-internet-celebrity) in your tweets, Facebook updates, pins on Pinterest, etc. It'll show people where they can click to purchase the book, as well as dish out plenty of information about the title. Here's a sample tweet for you, that mentions the publisher and the author.
My baby is in @QuirkBooks' How to Make Your Baby an Internet Celebrity by @RickChillot! Here's more about the book! http://bit.ly/Rafj9q
6. Blogging: Want to talk about your baby? Share some photos of your new celebrity? Maybe you've got some adorable photos of your baby posing with the book! Whatever the case, if you'd like to write a blog post, let us know! We'd love to have you guest post on our website. Email email@example.com.
Any other questions, feel free to email us! And thanks for wanting to promote the book! We're glad you're on our team.
Suzanne Wallace, Eric Smith, and the Quirk Books Team!