Bookish and the Beast by Ashley Poston goes on sale in paperback on June 1, 2021! If you preorder or submit a library request for the book, make sure to enter this Reader Rewards campaign to get some extra goodies with your purchase—including a brand new short story from Ash! Keep reading for details.
So what do I get for preordering Bookish and the Beast in paperback by Ashley Poston?
U.S. entrants will receive one signed bookplate and one Bookish and the Beast quote sticker, designed by Ashley Poston. Plus, everyone who submits a receipt will receive a downloadable PDF featuring three short stories from the world of the Once Upon a Con series:
- “Once At Midnight”
- “Once A Princess”
- And a brand new short story from Ash!
This giveaway is open to entrants 13 and up only. For more information, please read the full Terms and Conditions.
How do I apply for the sticker (U.S. only), signed bookplate (U.S. only), and downloadable PDF?
- Send Quirk Books a photo of your receipt for the book via this Google form. Please make sure that your name and the date of purchase or library request is visible on your receipt.
- If you have trouble with the form, you can always email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line BOOKISH READER REWARDS CAMPAIGN.
- Limit of one sticker, one bookplate, and downloadable PDF per entry. You’ll have until June 8, 2021 to send us your receipt. (That’s AFTER the book comes out!)
- The downloadable PDF will be emailed to entrants on June 1, 2021. Happy reading!
About Bookish and the Beast:
A tale as old as time is made new in Ashley Poston’s fresh, geeky retelling of Beauty and the Beast—now with a bonus Starfield story!
In this third book of the Once Upon a Con series, we meet Rosie Thorne—a young woman feeling stuck. She’s stuck on her college application essays, stuck in her small town, and stuck on that mysterious General Sond cosplayer she met back at ExcelsiCon. But most of all, she’s stuck in her grief over her mother’s death. Her only solace was her late mother’s library of rare Starfield novels, but even that disappeared when she and her dad sold it to pay off hospital bills.
Then there’s Vance Reigns—he’s been Hollywood royalty for as long as he can remember, with all the privilege and scrutiny that entails. Vance’s world comes crashing down when a tabloid scandal catches up to him and he’s forced to hide out somewhere the paparazzi would never think to look: Small Town USA. At least the house he’s stuck in has a library. Too bad he doesn’t read.
When their paths collide and a rare book is destroyed, Rosie must work to repay the debt. But while most superfans would jump at the chance to be anywhere near Starfield’s handsome hunk, Rosie would rather be anywhere but. Vance is a jerk, she can’t stand him, and the feeling is mutual.
But as this pair of opposites begrudgingly gets closer and their careful masks come off, they may just find there’s more risk in shutting each other out than in opening up their hearts.