What makes French kissing “French”? Who played the first game of Spin the Bottle? What compels millions of tourists to kiss the Blarney Stone? And-most importantly-what does Julia Roberts look for in a good kisser?
The answers to these questions can be found in Kiss and Tell-an irreverent miscellany of trivia drawn from science, art, ancient history, pop culture, and more. Here’s everything you ever wondered about kissing, including:
* Why do princesses kiss frogs, anyway?
* Who made “XO” shorthand for “hugs and kisses”?
* Why do people kiss under mistletoe?
* Is mononucleosis really spread by kissing?
Best of all, Kiss and Tell features illustrations and photographs of famous kisses through history-everyone from the ancient Egyptians to Spider-Man and Mary Jane. It’s the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for the know-it-all in your life-and also a terrific bedside reader when there’s no one around to smooch.
KEVIN DWYER is a freelance writer living in Long Island, New York.
- Hardcover ISBN: 9781594740695
- Book Dimensions:5 x 6
- Page Count:128
- Release Date:February 1, 2006