Before they were famous, they were kids, struggling with regular-kid problems like bullies, homework, and arguments with their siblings. Inspiring anecdotes and playful illustrations reveal the relatable childhood escapades of celebrated presidents, great athletes, groundbreaking scientists, and other future legends.
Posted by Kim Ismael
Discover everything about ghosts in this fun handbook packed with spooky tales, engrossing science, and fascinating history–perfect for middle grade readers and mythology fans!
Boo! Do you believe in ghosts? What’s up with haunted houses? And how exactly do you bust a ghost? Uncover the spooky and spectacular world of ghosts in Chilling with Ghosts, a field guide for the curious and the adventurous. Step into the unknown—if you dare!—and discover:
- Scary ghost stories of all kinds! Learn how to tell your very own ghost story.
- Terrifying tales from history and weird science! Find out what ghost fungus is and meet a couple of Shakespearean ghosts.
- A globe-trotting tour of haunted spots! Travel all around the world, from the Catacombs of Paris to the Stanley Hotel.
Chilling with Ghosts is the second book in the Totally Factual Field Guide to the Supernatural series, a hilarious and haunting exploration of how myths and legends shape our lives. Get to know ghost lore with enchanting illustrations and hands-on activities, like brewing homemade ectoslime. It’s a spooky world out there—grab your guide, and let’s go!
Posted by Christina Tatulli
Discover everything about vampires in this laugh-out-loud nonfiction handbook packed with spooky legends, fascinating history, and weird facts perfect for middle-grade readers and mythology fans!
Are vampires real? Who was Vlad the Impaler? Do vampire bats ever feed on humans? Find out in Hanging with Vampires, a field guide for the curious and the adventurous. Crack open the lid on this guide and you’ll get:
- Bloodcurdling vampire mythology! What exactly is a vampire, anyway?
- Spine-chilling history and science! Uncover how the vampire legend got its start in the medieval ages.
- A who’s who of vampires! Get to know classic, iconic, and terrifying vampires in pop culture, from Dracula to Adventure Time.
Hanging with Vampires is the first book in the Totally Factual Field Guide to the Supernatural series, a hilarious and haunting exploration of how myths and legends shape our lives. Sink your fangs into vampire lore and literature with enchanting illustrations and fun activities, like making garlic bread. It’s a spooky world out there–grab your guide, and let’s go!
Posted by Christina Schillaci
A fun and informative handbook for young readers on understanding and caring for our feline friends from the kid behind the popular Twitter account I’ve Pet That Cat!
Pet That Cat! A Handbook for Making Feline Friends is an illustrated guide to understanding, befriending, and caring for cats by Nigel Kidd and his mom, Rachel Braunigan.
This fact-filled and fun guide features:
• A guide to cat body language—what does it mean when your cat’s tail looks like a question mark or is puffed up?
• Helpful tips on how to safely interact with new feline friends. Hint: Let them approach first!
• Advice for adopting and caring for your own cat. Choose the perfect cat for you!
• Stories of cats throughout history and myth-busting facts—did you know every cat has a unique noseprint?
• A cat personality quiz and your very own Cat Tracker to record all the feline friends you meet!
This kid-friendly handbook pairs charming illustrations with an interactive format. With step-by-step guides, fascinating stories, and tips from cat experts and Nigel, Pet That Cat! is a must-have handbook for feline fans of all ages.
And for dog-lovers and kids curious about dogs, check out Pet That Dog! A Handbook for Making Four-Legged Friends.
Posted by Christina Schillaci