WHAT WE COLLECT
By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
We collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the Sites: (1) personal information, which is any information that individually identifies you (e.g., your name, email address, postal address) and (2) non-personal information, which is information that does not personally identify you but may include information about your interests, demographics (e.g., age, gender, 5-digit zip code) and use of the Sites. We may ask you to provide your personal information, demographic information or information about your preferences or interests when you:
- Sign up to receive email newsletters from us
- Enter a contest or sweepstakes
- Participate in surveys or special promotions
- Participate on social media accounts involving our authors, books or brands
- Submit user generated content on any part of the Sites that permit it
- Knowingly volunteer information on any other part of the Sites (e.g., request for customer service, submit a job application)
HOW IT MIGHT BE USED
We do not use or disclose your personal information to any companies not part of Quirk Books. Although, as disclosed below, we may provide your personal information to our business partners, in no event will we sell or rent your personal information as part of a customer list or similar transaction without your express permission.
Third Party Service Providers
We have third party service providers that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, billing, marketing, analytics, customer service, fraud protection, etc. These entities have access to your personal information only as needed to perform their functions and they are obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that personal information. They are obligated not to use, sell, distribute or alter this information in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Sites.