We're seeking a creative and energetic associate publicist or publicist to develop and manage publicity and marketing activities in conjunction with the Director of Publicity & Marketing. With a list that includes children’s books, cookbooks, fiction, and more, Quirk is looking for a publicist with diverse experience. This is a full-time position based in Philadelphia.
- Work with the Director of Publicity & Marketing to execute publicity campaigns for Quirk’s 25 frontlist titles per season (organizing media, blog tours, and events) to ensure successful retail sell-in and consumer sell-through.
- Write and edit press materials.
- Main point of contact for bloggers and vloggers. Maintain and update Quirk’s blogger database, pitch bloggers, and execute creative blog tours.
- Assemble press materials and review mailings.
- Build strong relationships with Quirk authors to ensure involvement and participation in marketing and publicity efforts.
- Work closely with Social Media & Marketing Manager to ensure all opportunities are met and campaigns are well rounded.
- Manage and update marketing tracking documents and status reports for the department. Identify and communicate deliverables. Track progress and results.
- Participate in monthly brainstorm meetings for Quirk’s blog, where you will provide ideas and anecdotes.
- Supervise and train interns with respect to daily activity and workload.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Must be proactive, flexible and adaptive in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must have good time management skills, be organized and detail-oriented, and be capable of multi-tasking.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge of Cision and Burrelles a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a relevant subject area.
- Must have a minimum of 1.5 years of publicity experience for the Associate Publicist level position.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of publicity experience for the Publicist level position with a track record of delivering successful publicity campaigns.
- Comfortable in a small-company setting where you may be called upon to perform duties outside of your job description.
- Experience working on a diverse list of titles, including but not limited to: children’s books, genre fiction, and pop culture.
- Prior experience in publishing a plus.
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Application Details: Please submit cover letter, résumé, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org