Quirk Books – Publicity and Marketing Fellow
A part-time entry level position that allows candidate to learn about the publicity and marketing process in publishing through hands on experience.
Publicity & Marketing Support
• Assisting the associate publicist and director of publicity on publicity campaigns, including writing press materials, pulling media lists, booking author travel and maintaining itineraries, and pitching.
• Clerical support: mailings, processing invoices, tracking and logging publicity clips and marketing activities.
• Backend maintenance of QuirkBooks.com
• Content Production: including but not limited to photo editing, press materials, blog posts, management and content creation on Tumblr and Pinterest, brainstorming and executing content for Quirk’s social media accounts.
• Research: media contacts, library and retail marketing contacts, and digital marketing; assist in social media analytics and news monitoring.
• Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communications skills.
• Must be proactive, flexible and adaptive in a rapidly changing environment.
• Must have good time management skills, be organized and detail-oriented.
• Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work independently.
• Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Knowledge of Cision, a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a relevant subject area.
• Must be able to commit to 24 hours a week for one whole year.
• Internship experience in publishing a plus.
About Quirk Books: Quirk Books is headquartered on a quiet cobblestone street in the historic Old City district of Philadelphia. Quirk publishes just 25 books per year and every title is a labor of love. Some of our more popular recent titles include the best-selling YA fantasy novel Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, the Edgar Award-winning mystery The Last Policeman, and classroom favorite William Shakespeare’s Star Wars – plus cookbooks, children’s books, art books, gag gifts, pop culture titles, and more. Our books are distributed worldwide by Penguin Random House. Visit QuirkBooks.com for more information.
Application Details: Please submit cover letter, résumé, and salary history to email@example.com