The Executive’s Almanac is an entertaining collection of facts and figures covering all aspects of business—from the assembly line to the bottom line; from the stock market to the supermarket.
A sample of what’s in store:
• The ratio of the salaries of the average worker to the average CEO is 301 to 1.
• As of 2004, 8.3 million people in the world have $1 million to invest, spend, or save.
• Blue Chip stocks got their name from poker, where blue chips are more valuable than white or red.
• Starbucks was named for the first mate in Herman Melville’s novel Moby Dick.
• The New York Stock Exchange ticker symbol for Mauna Loa is NUT; Men’s Wearhouse is SUIT;
• Sotheby’s is BID; and Genentech is DNA.
- Product Details
- Hardcover ISBN: 9781594741012
- Book Dimensions:4 1/2 x 6 3/4
- Page Count:160
- Release Date:April 1, 2006