Quirk Books – Publicity and Marketing Assistant
Summary: Located on a quiet cobblestone street in the Old City neighborhood of Philadelphia, Quirk Books is seeking a passionate pop culture and book fanatic that is creative and organized to join its publicity and marketing team.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Publicity and the team to execute publicity campaigns.
- Write press releases and corresponding collateral.
- Pitch and schedule author events and interviews, coordinate travel and hotel accommodations for touring authors and create detailed tour schedules.
- Clerical support: mailings, processing invoices, tracking and logging publicity clips and marketing activities.
- Research new media trends and contacts
- Update and maintain Quirk’s media lists.
- Assist with the development and execution of marketing campaigns for titles and the Quirk brand.
- Support the team in planning, promoting, and executing consumer events.
- Coordinate the creation of marketing materials.
- Contribute ideas to the Quirk Books blog, create content for the blog, and assist the digital marketing manager with the backend maintenance of QuirkBooks.com
- Management and content creation on select social media sites.
- Giveaway fulfillment and implementation
- Maintain and update QuirkBooks.com per schedule set by the digital marketing manager.
- Social media monitoring.
Provide general administrative support by following up with media and vendors, mailing books and coordinating warehouse mailings, tracking press coverage, etc.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Possesses the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to the analytical side.
- Strong writing skills.
- Must be proactive, flexible and adaptive in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must have strong time management skills and be organized.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work well within a team.
- Must be passionate about books, especially Quirk’s titles.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with Cision, WordPress, Google Analytics, Photoshop, Drupal, and social media platforms a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a relevant subject area, as well as applicable internship/work experience.
- Book publishing experience is a plus, but not required.
Application Details: Please submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letters must outline how the candidate’s experience relates to the job and why they’re interested in working for Quirk Books. No calls please.
ON THE SPIRAL STAIRCASE: Check out our monthly blog series to learn more about our staff!
David Borgenicht, Founder
Moneka Hewlett, Vice President of Sales
Nicole De Jackmo, VP, Director of Publicity and Marketing
John J. McGurk, VP, Digital & Print Production
Rick Chillot, Senior Editor
Katherine McGuire, Senior Manager, Licensing & Subsidiary Rights
Ivy Noelle Weir, Publicist and Marketing Manager
Kelsey Hoffman, Publicist