The first Sherlock Holmes adventure appeared in 1887, but today the detective is more popular than ever-witness the upcoming release date of Sherlock Holmes, starring Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. For every reader who dreams of solving crimes in turn-of-the-century London, The Sherlock Holmes Handbook features skills that all would-be sleuths should know:
* How to Use Deductive Reasoning
* How to Analyze Fingerprints-Without Computers
* How to Master a Dozen Disguises
* How to Survive a Plunge over a Waterfall
Readers will also discover a host of information about Holmes and his universe: How was the real Scotland Yard organized? Could people back then really buy cocaine over the counter? And why were the British so terrified of Australia? Packed with fascinating trivia, evocative illustrations, and a classic Victorian design, The Sherlock Holmes Handbook will appeal to “Baker Street Irregulars” of all ages.
RANSOM RIGGS is a lifelong Holmes aficionado and a regular contributor to mental_floss magazine. He lives in Los Angeles.
- Hardcover ISBN: 9781594744297
- e-Book ISBN: 978-1-59474-477-8
- Book Dimensions:4 1/2 x 6 3/4
- Page Count:224
- Release Date:November 1, 2009