Forget Yinglish. Put aside Franglais. It’s time to brush up on Spanglish—the Latino Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup of languages that’s sweeping the nation!
In Pardon My Spanglish, stand-up comic Bill Santiago chronicles the quintessentially American joys of his mother tongue: the quirky, often hilarious fusion of Latino Spanish and American English spoken everywhere from the barrio to the local mall.
Readers will learn:
• The pseudo-syntax of Spanglish (as observed by a comedian with no formal training in
• The Top Ten Best Things About Spanglish (#7: Gives you a competitive edge in Spanglish Scrabble)
• Why People en Español is not simply called Gente
• Classic gaffes every Spanglish-speaking gringo should avoid (“Estoy embarasado” does not mean you’re embarrassed—it means you’re pregnant)
Full of indispensable tips and witty observations, Pardon My Spanglish is a hilarious celebration of Latino culture.
BILL SANTIAGO is a stand-up comedian who debuted nationally on Comedy Central’s Premium Blend and appears regularly on The Late Show with Conan O’Brien. He lives in New York City.
- Paperback ISBN: 9781594742132
- Book Dimensions:5 1/2 x 8
- Page Count:192
- Release Date:September 1, 2008