Why do golfers yell “fore”? Is it ever acceptable for a player to use a purple golf ball? Am I entitled to a free drop if dog poop interferes with my swing?
Since 1999, readers of Golf Digest have submitted their most puzzling and perplexing golf questions to the Golf Guru, a.k.a. Editor-in-Chief John Barton, whose monthly column answers these imponderables with authority and good humor. This illustrated golfer’s miscellany compiles more than 250 of his most compelling Q&As, tackling everything from history and physics to fashion, etiquette, and beyond.
- Why do golf courses have 18 holes?
- Why do golf balls have dimples?
- If Tiger Woods wears white socks with black shoes, why can’t I?
Whatever the question, The Golf Guru has the answer!
John Barton is Editor-in-Chief of Golf Digest International. His Golf Guru column reaches 6 million readers via all 26 international editions of Golf Digest. He lives in London.
- Hardcover ISBN: 9781594743221
- e-Book ISBN: 978-1-59474-813-4
- Book Dimensions:5 1/2 x 7 1/2
- Page Count:208
- Release Date:June 1, 2009
- 18 and up