No longer are words doomed to merely adorn a paper: words can now be a decorative and enjoyable part of our everyday decor. From printed fabrics to wonderful stenciled wooden pallets words are inscribed to inspire and delight. If you are obsessed with typography and the beauty of words, then you are going to love this easy DIY project.
What You’ll Need:
3 glass 16 ounce mason jars
3 sheets of decorated scrapbook paper, 8”x11”
1 pair of scissors
1 bottled Mod Podge
1 foam brush
- Take the sheets of paper and cut them in half.
- Wrap the main sheet of paper around one of the glass jars and cut to scale.
- Using a thin layer of Mod Podge, line the ends of the paper up around the jar until they meet perfectly and secure.
- Take the extra sheets of paper with opposing designs and measure a roughly .5 inch thick strip of trim.
- Brush a thin layer of Mod Podge on the back of the decorative paper and outline the wrapped jars. This helps to hide any imperfect lines.
- Once you have accented your jar and have allowed it time to dry, paint a protective thin layer of Mod Podge around the jar and allow to dry.