The Little Guide to Vintage Shopping
Insider Tips, Helpful Hints, Hip Shops
Vintage shopping offers couture quality at a fraction of the price. But how can you spot a Dior original in a rack full of LBDs? That’s where vintage dealer Melody Fortier comes in. Her Little Guide to Vintage Shopping demystifies the entire process so you’ll know what to look for, what to avoid, and what to pay. Armed with this savvy guide, readers will learn how to
* Select and wear unique clothing from eras past
* Ensure the perfect fit and silhouette
* Distinguish time period and evaluate quality
* Clean, care for, and store vintage clothing
* Give new life to vintage items through simple alterations
Fortier also offers shopping tips from an international panel of experts and reveals the best vintage shopping destinations in the world-from trendy Manhattan flea markets and hip Los Angeles boutiques to some of Europe’s best-kept secrets. With The Little Guide to Vintage Shopping in their handbags, frugal fashionistas will be ready to take the world by storm. The hunt for treasures is on!
MELODY FORTIER has been collecting and selling vintage clothing since the mid-1990s. Her store, Tangerine Boutique, is located in Gardner, Massachusetts, as well as online.
- Paperback ISBN: 9781594744044
- Book Dimensions:5 1/4 x 6 3/4
- Page Count:192
- Release Date:October 1, 2009