Jane Austen Handbook
Proper Life Skills from Regency England
Long before Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Quirk published this guide to life in Regency England to the delight of Austen fans everywhere. Newly published with a revised cover, The Jane Austen Handbook offers step-by-step instructions for proper comportment in the early 19th century. Readers will discover:
• How to Indicate Interest in a Gentleman Without Seeming Forward
• How to Ensure a Good Yearly Income
• How to Ride Sidesaddle
• How to Behave at a Dinner Party
Full of practical directions for navigating the travails of Regency life, this charming illustrated book also serves as a companion for present-day readers, explaining the English class system, currency, dress, and the nuances of graceful living.
MARGARET C. SULLIVAN is the editrix of Austenblog.com and an active member of the Jane Austen Society of North America. Her favorite Jane Austen novel is Persuasion.
- Product Details
- Hardcover ISBN: 9781594745058
- e-Book ISBN: 978-1-59474-508-9
- Book Dimensions:4½ x 6¾
- Page Count:224
- Release Date:March 8, 2011